Suppliers – Suppliers that I use and am happy to recommend
- www.bosunbobs.com – a great chandlers in Bangor, Rob will go out of his way to help you!
- www.henningselectrical.com – steel suppliers in Newry. Very good service and delivery.
- www.downhirecentre-codown.co.uk – Plant hire. Excellent advice and service. I used them for a welder for building the trailer
- www.jacksonmarine.ie – An independent marine surveyor operating from Wicklow town
- www.bchc.ltd.uk – A Lisburn and Belfast based crane hire company, ideal for lifting masts, boats and anything else!
Cruising, Clubs and Associations – organisations that I am a member of
- www.edyc.co.uk – the club that I sail from, located in Strangford Lough
- www.oceancruisingclub.org – a club for folks with an interest in cruising and some long distance sailing experience under their belt.
- www.sparkmanstephensuk.info – An association for owners of Sparkman & Stephens designed boats
- www.gsc.ie – Greystones Sailing Club, a great club, south of Dublin
Other sites of interest – websites that I would use to
- www.sparkmanstephens.blogspot.co.uk – information on most of the various Sparkman & Stephens designed boats, going all the way back to the beginning.
- www.nationaltrust.org.uk/strangford-lough – information about Strangford lough
- www.netweather.tv – a good weather forecast site (hosted by Michael Fish (‘dont worry, there isnt a hurricane coming!’))
- www.cruiserforum.com – a great source of informal advice
- www.celestialnavigation.net – just in case the plotter dies!